Here are 5 steps to decorate a console table and style it like a design pro:
1. Choose your console table. Choose a console table that both suits your decorating style, and fits the space it will be placed in. Console tables tend to be quite shallow (often 18” deep or less), and are well-suited for narrow spaces like hallways.
2. Add your lighting. The right lighting will really make your console table pop! Depending on your design aesthetic and the space available you can select table lamps, pendant lights, or wall lights to illuminate the area.
3. Incorporate art or a wall mirror. Create a focal point with a stylish wall mirror, or a unique collection of wall art. This is a great opportunity to hang your pictures in a gallery-style grouping of wall art - watch a video here to see how it’s done.
4. Decorate with personal touches. Arrange seasonal decorations, add a vase of fresh flowers, or artfully display your collection of antique teaspoons to create a space that really reflects you.
5. Relax — you’re done! Enjoy the function and beauty of this new focal point in your home.